Tuesday 3 September 2013

LOVE IT OR HATE IT: Bringing Bunches Back?

From the catwalk to fashion-forward celebrities, there has been a resurgence of double buns parading around Showbiz Land, which is ironically baffling some people. The fashion scene has brought back anything and everything 90's from crop tops and harem pants, to dungarees so it does not surprise me in the slightest they're bringing bunches back too!

BUT!.....Is the fashion scene bringing "sexy back" with the latest beauty throwback? Or should we bin the buns before havoc creates?!

Not for the faint-hearted, a look rocked by the fliest fashionistas in town!
I do love me a good ole' throwback, but the hair buns are just like Marmite; you either love'em or hate'em. Despite it being nostalgically remembered for it being worn on the heads of little girls in the school playground who dreams to become a Disney Princess, for us women the buns can only be championed by the bold, confident fashionistas. Think edgy, think cool. On paper this hair'do seems harmless, but in reality it is literally a fashion statement in itself, that can make or break YOUR personal look. YOUR Jode Look. 




I know I am not the edgiest girl around, but I love experimenting with looks, and finding my own true Jode Look. Like my Mum says, you won't know until you've tried it! I'm judging these beauty throwback based on 3 categories:  METHOD (was it a look easy to recreate?), WEARABILITY (is it versatile or one dimensional?) , and DURABILITY (is it long-lasting?). 

METHOD: 7/10 . It was easy to do; divide your hair PRECISELY into a middle parting from the front to the back of the head. (I'm stressing the word precise: you don't want to strut your stuff down he streets with a wonky hair do!) I personally needed a second opinion to ensure that the middle parting was exact. Then you section the hair into two hair buns that are equally positioned and equal in size. Fortunately for myself, the second step was easier; I initially tried and tested which angle would suit my oval face most, and when found, it was much easier that I thought to ensure the buns were equal in dimension and size..but I do think my symmetric face did help me big time with this step! 

WEARABILITY: 5/10. It is Marmite; you either love it or hate it! Some of my friends thought I was a Minnie Mouse lookalike, whilst others found it a cool fashion statement. So mixed reactions. To say it has the versatility factor however, depends on your personal look. I personally think it is; it can revolutionize a simple tee and jeans outfit into a cool fashion statement. I even rocked this look with a maxi dress in this instance (find outfit details below!) But, for evening occasions its a no-go for me! There's a time and a place for this do, I wish someone informed Miley on the memo!


DURABILITY: 9/10. Hair spray goes a hell of a long way! From windy days, to muggy days (which I experienced when I rocked this look), it's a secure hair'do for sure!

THE FINAL LOOK!
Maxi Dress: ASDA George
Bag: some random Oxford St store!
Shoes: Converses




2 comments:

  1. Dont think I could rock this look with my big head but it does actually suit you & the contrast between the edgy hair style & the casual maxi is great!X

    -xoxo,Selorm
    New Blog: sjtx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute adaption of the bunches look. Your hair is so pretty!


    Maha Maven

    ReplyDelete