Saturday 24 August 2013

Fake Nails- the tips NOBODY tells you!




What you need to think of BEFORE performing some nail art beautification!



For me to find my true Jode Look, it doesn't just stop with my outfit, hair and ability to apply make-up. I mean the whole entire shaboom, and in this shaboom, nails are included. Like a necklace, or a pair of studs, your nails acts as an accessory, that can frankly make you break your entire look in my personal opinion. Your hands are your key tools that enable to pursue life, whether it'd be cooking, or texting your friends. Therefore, it is only rational for me to conclude in this sense that your the way your nails look is incredibly important, they're a vocal point in your life whether you bloody like it or not!

Now, this blog post could be a long, daunting tutorial on the basic foundations on how to achieve strong, healthy nails. But, as superficial as it sounds, this blog is about finding my Jode Look, and mother dearest taught me ages ago the 411 on this, most probably like every other parent! (Quick review to all clueless nail inhabitants: file regularly, and don't bite them- they're not digestive biscuits they're nails!)

SO! Instead I would like to dedicate this post on something different about nails, something I've hardly ever seen any beauty or fashion magazine discuss: the key questions you need to think about before beautifying your nails. Continously in magazines, I see the nails of the famous, that represents their personal look:  quirky, original, eccentric acrylic nails, to the latest 'it' nails varying from sharp Lady Gaga claws, to dogtooth patterned fingers. Mesmerising to look at, in fact often humourous!

But remember: these nails embody CELEBRITIES looks, not the non-famous, normal 9 to 5 working woman look. And certainly not the Jode Look.
Blasphemy embroidered on your nails- Kylie Jenner


Want nails gaga like Gaga? Impractical? CHECK. Potential weapon? CHECK.



I am not proposing an intervention of any kind upon these cryptic nail embroidery being plastered other our magazines, all I'm suggesting is that we accomodate this trend to our own look. If you would like follow these nail trends to the very inch, I will not debate against it, however I would put my money on it  that it would act as an obstacle in your life subconsciously or not.

So,the next time I venture to the land of nail art (probably this week knowing me!), I have decided to approach it differently by following this procedure, with the magazine in one hand, and my purse and sanity in the other;

    1. Make a list of what nail trends I like the most for ME.
  • Eliminate allnail trends that cannot be accomodated to suit MY lifestyle. (E.g. will the design/colour be offensive in a working environment, will it limit my practicality?)
  • Choose a colour that is versatile for ALL occasions. Not just for a night out!
  • Beautify those nails!

So come'on Ladies- nail files, AND notebooks at the ready! Lets 'nail' it!



1 comment:

  1. EXACTLY!! Those claw fingers have got to go !! ♥
    Loving your blog babe - Welcome Back!! Xx.

    Sels ♥

    ReplyDelete