Saturday 24 August 2013

Bad Hair Days; the demon faced by all women!


Isn't it crazy how a bad hair day can get to you?

Like any other normal girl, my hair is one of my prized possessions. Not only because it acts as a security blanket kind of way, but because it gives people a glimpse of my character, without me having to convey it through words; big, bold, and full of life! Like many thousands of women in this world, I'm totally unpredictable when it comes to social situations, being either shy and timid, or oozing with confidence and lots of banter, (especially after the odd tipple or two!) But usually, when I let my curls out to play, and are in full va-va-voom motion I feel the latter, and my self-insecurities frazzles instantly, all simply because my hair looks decent.  When I was peering through pictures of me this Summer, I instantly recollect how may hair looked that day, and how I felt that day. Then it daunted on me, a full on smack-on-the-face revelation: MY HAIR DAYS AFFECT MY EMOTIONS CONSIDERABLY!

Isn't it just crazy how the outer affects the inner?

In a world where looks do matter, some people may be screaming at the screen thinking err.....duhhhhhh Jode! But to me personally, I find it bloody mind-boggling to say the least, and upsetting too. Truly think about it; the ability for me to portray the fun, sassy Jode that I want to is virtually controlled by how tidy my hair looks. If I'm having a girls night out, and my hair is looking like an uncontrollable bush, I won't be able to enjoy my night to the fullest, as I feel so insecure in front of so many people!

My bloody fro' is literally determining my happiness, and personality! HOW BONKERS IS THAT!



What's even more bonkers is when I discussed about it to my friends they totally empathised with me. In fact, I've never seen them empathise with me so much! Its crazy to think how some strands on the top of my big head plays such a pivotal position in my self-confudence, my social skills, my general social life! This week, my hair was literally bipolar, with me rocking some beautiful curls on Monday, to looking like a victim of a mass electrocution last night! And unfortunately, my moods seemed to work in unision with the conditions of my hair, unknowingly so. 

I need to brush this off, before it leaves me in a big tangle (excuse the pun!). Its time for an intervention against my hair demons once and for all. How can I expect to find out who the true Jode is if I let my bad hair day affect my emotions. 
How can any of us?


No comments:

Post a Comment